Monday, September 2, 2013

Week Nine - Quilt Seven - Sue's Quilt!

Okay, I confess I did NOT make this quilt but I spent several days quilting it so I will count it this week. It was made for a very special friend, thus a painted design with great significance to each circle. I wanted it to be especially beautiful and there was a lot of quilting space so I covered the quilt in feathers and the center in paisleys. 
 The center circles are painted then appliquéd on.
 One of four blank batik blocks, filled with feathers.
 This is the center medallion and focus of the quilt. Beautifully done by the maker.
 Just another angle.
 There were ten of these pieced blocks surrounding the quilt center.
 This is a corner of the back of the quilt. Since I quilted in purple on the purple border and triangle insets, it showed really well on the back of the quilt. Yikes (for me).
Another view of the back.
Somehow I managed to NOT get a full picture of the quilt completed but this shows a fourth of it before quilting. Quite a challenge for me but Sue is happy with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment