Monday, July 8, 2013

Week One, Quilt One - Goals!

This blog was begun to help motivate myself to get some quilts completed. I am a goal-oriented person and list maker, so I thought this would help, plus maybe inspire others to finish some UFOs AND have some STASH CONTROL. Since having a recent birthday on July 2, I realize I have many less years than I've already lived left to make quilts. It is funny to realize I have been quilting over half of my life!! Seriously, I have, and hope to continue as long as possible.
 This quilt was on my list to finish this year. It was begun several years ago at a retreat and was started with a layer cake stack - I think. It has been a while! I got the top finished and then it was just hanging in the closet, waiting for quilting . . .
then I finally got it quilted and it was waiting for binding. No, first I had decided to MAKE the backing from stash fabric, which always takes longer than just putting a couple of fabrics together with one seam but it does use up some of your fabric, saves $$ and a trip to the quilt shop and can also make it very interesting and fun.
 So here it is! The animal print was from the nineties and the other bright prints are fairly new - maybe in the last 7 years. I lose track really.
Here is a close up and now I just need a recipient for the quilt. I'll let it hang until I find out who it should belong to. So this is Quilt One, Week One. I realize there will be weeks I may not reach my goal, but it is still to have finished 52 quilts by the time I am 63 - next July! 
Happy Stitching and Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment