Monday, July 22, 2013

Week Three, Quilt Three - Hugs & Kisses!

 My third quilt is for Lacey, my granddaughter. I like to make a quilt for the grandchildren to have at "Nana's house" when they visit so this is for Lacey. I appliquéd this years ago and recently put it together. Now it is quilted.
 I used a Daisy Bounce pantograph for the quilting design. 
Most of the backing fabrics were fat quarters so they were basically cut in half and ended up all the same size, unlike the previous quilt.
Here is a close up to show one of my favorite fabrics on the back - the paper dolls. I loved playing with them when I was a little girl and laugh now and say that was my training for cutting all my freezer paper that I now use for appliqué. I'm also pretty fond of the stripe binding. Hard to go wrong with stripes for a binding! 

No comments:

Post a Comment